A Touch Of Velvet, The Advantage Of Mittens, One Pot Wonders ..... & You Guessed It!

A Touch Of Velvet, The Advantage Of Mittens, One Pot Wonders .....
& You Guessed It!
Shop Now - Mrs White's Good Health Bath Oil - £25.00
Firstly I must apologise for the glaring mistake in last week's missive where my lovely, cold-relief bath oil, Mrs White's 'Good Health', was flagged at £49.99! Now I do like a little luxury however that is ridiculous and of course this was an error induced by jet lag - 'my bad' as they say in America!

It is, in fact, a much more sensible £25 for a massive 200mls which lasts about a year! I am now fully recovered thanks, in part, to this potion.
Shop Now - Gorgeous, Ruched Velvet Cushion in Burnt Orange - £65
Velvet has made a welcome return and is the hottest interior trend this season. On our recent trip to Stockholm we discovered the most wonderful Atelier creating luxurious velvet cushions and throws! When it comes to furnishing fabrics, quality is the most important consideration and here they have combined 100% cotton velvet and linen with the most sumptuous colour palette and texture to create a collection that will add warmth and sophistication to any room.

I probably need to come out of the closet at this point and confess that I am not a purist minimalist by nature - I believe that every interior needs a touch of theatre to make it pop and this collection performs beautifully!

It was the ruched, velvet cushions that first caught my eye, the texture optimising the opulence of the fabric. Colours are rich and regal in Burnt Orange, Teal & Midnight Blue. Then we have generous 50cm square cushions in velvet backed with 100% natural linen  - the contrast is stunning and will bounce a little light in a dark corner - in Dijon, Coral and Golden Serge. Plain 50cm velvet squares in Teal, Midnight Blue and Burnt Orange complete the cushion collection - simple, elegant and timeless.

Having been totally seduced, I had to indulge in a collection of Velvet Throws in Dijon, Golden Serge & Topaz, again backed with linen, that really scream 'splendour'. They look absolutely stunning draped over a sofa or chair and across the foot of the bed. They exude an old-world glamour that compliments today's pared-down interiors beautifully and conjures something extravagant - the juxtaposition adding warmth and drama. I have the Teal textured cushions and the Topaz throw artfully arranged on dove grey sofas and, quite frankly, they deserve an editorial feature ! 
Shop Now - Golden Serge Velvet and Linen Cushions (£35 ) & Throw - £175
Shop Now - 50cm Sq Velvet Cushions In Teal - £45
Shop Now - 50cm Sq Velvet Cushions In Burnt Orange - £45
Isn't the weather strange!!! Roses blooming copiously and the Plane Trees still a vivid green in November! I walked across Tower Bridge yesterday and was too hot in a coat. That said I have read that we are in for a cold snap and after the horrors of last winter I intend to be fully prepared! This means a hat and mittens! Yes mittens, controversial I know however there is scientific reasoning to my decision. I was listening to a report from the BBC's correspondent in Moscow, where the temperature can dip to -40 degrees, and he reported that Russians all wear mittens because they are much warmer than gloves. When one thinks about the physics it is obvious - the fingers keep each other warm and the surface area exposed to the cold air is much less so they are bound to be warmer. I shall still be wearing my gloves for driving however I have invested in a lovely collection from Denmark  - where they know a thing or two about keeping warm! - which includes cable knit bobble hats and mittens in wonderful matching colours of orange, cloud grey and royal blue. I have also included simple striped knitted beanie hats for gentlemen as there are not many of us that can pull off a bobble hat! Grey, lime and royal blue look fantastic on the casual hipster!
Shop Now - Orange Wool Cable Knit Bobble Hat - £34.95
Shop Now - & Matching Wool Cableknit Mittens - £34.95
Shop Now - Striped Wool Beanie in Royal Blue - £34.95
Shop Now - Striped Wool Beanie in Lime- £34.95
I recently mentioned a HUGE casserole dish that we have discovered - a vessel of sculptural beauty that can be used on the hob and in the oven - and how I favour one pot cooking in the winter. I subsequently received a lovely email from a customer, Lindsey Bareham, telling me that she has written a recipe book called 'One Pot Wonders' that I might find illuminating. She was right, it is fantastic, foolproof and I have been using it at least once a week and find the results exciting, tasty, impressive and, above all, they save on time and washing up! Lindsey, rather modestly, failed to mention that she is an esteemed food writer and currently contributes to The Times! I have bought the new paperback edition (which has just been published) for Roullier White as it is the one-pot bible for flavour lovers and includes salads, pasta and soups as well as stews and casseroles - there are even one pot puddings! I think this a wonderful gift - either on its own or with the casserole - for foodies And for busy people everywhere! 
Shop Now - Giant Casserole - £50
Shop Now - One Pot Wonders by Lindsey Bareham - £16.99
I bet you are thinking - "a whole week and he hasn't said the word scarf"? Well please indulge me one more time! One of my favourite collections from Ireland arrived this week - lovely, simple, country- style scarves that work equally well in an urban environment. Classic checks and houndstooth designs that can be worn to the office And on country walks. These come in a handsome box and are a fantastic price so make a great gift for any occasion. Stylish, warm and from a lovely firm dating back to the 19th century. I have the houndstooth which l wear with smart clothes during the week and jeans at the w/e  - looks great in both contexts. It has a laissez faire elegance that conjures Mr Darcy. Now I just need the boots.... and a modest Manor House, I certainly have the cushions! I promise not to mention scarves again for a few weeks!

This w/e I travel to Brighton for a birthday party in The Lanes which should be great fun as all work and no play etc.

Next week I shall unveil my favourite find of the year, 'Priest's Hats' from Italy ( there's a bit of a Dan Brown clue for you! ), but for now I wish you a wonderful w/e,

Michaelx
Shop Now - Houndstooth & Grey Striped Lambswool Scarves - £28
Copyright © *2017* *Roullier White LTD*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
125 Lordship Lane
East Dulwich
London
SE22 8HU

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences

or

unsubscribe from this list

View this email in your browser
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez