Pasta in blue cheese sauce with courgette

I don't know if this pasta sauce has a name but I always refer to it as Pasta Magnozzi; after my good friend Matthew, whose mother first made it for me when I went to visit them in the Hamptons many summers ago.
In a Roullier White pre-seasoned Lodge Logic pan lightly sauté some sliced courgettes. At the same time in a pasta pan bring to boil some pasta, remember to add a dash of olive oil to prevent it clumping and a little salt. When the pasta is almost ready, strain it and retain a little of the water in the pan. Into this water crumble a decent size piece of Roquefort and stir over a gentle heat until it has melted. Stir in your pasta and heat for a minute longer. Serve the pasta into individual dishes and spoon over the courgette.I prefer to use a larger bowl-shaped pasta for this recipe as it holds the sauce better; either a shell such as Conchiglioni or a bowl or ear-shaped such as Orecchiette, Conchiglie is easier to obtain and works just as well.
Roullier White, 125 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich, London SE22 8HU www.roullierwhite.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez