OXO Good Grips Can Opener - Can Do!

It’s amazing what one puts up with, for years I have been using a potato masher, which was part of a utensil set my parents got as a wedding gift 50 years ago, until I discovered the Roullier White Smood.

Similarly, and I know I am not alone in this, lurking in my cutlery drawer for decades has been a rusty and extremely temperamental tin can-opener with which I have been engaged in an ongoing war of wills, my loyalty never being rewarded. Every time a recipe calls for a tin-of-this or a-can-of that I sigh as I brace myself for the inevitable onslaught ahead.

Working at Roullier White is a real eye-opener, and now can-opener, as we test everything to find the best of its type I am always stunned by how much time and effort one can save by the correctly selected implement.

Tasked with testing the OXO Good Grips Can Opener I prepared myself for battle. A struggle which usually starts on the counter, one hand squeezing the utensil in a painful vice-like grip whilst the thumb and index finger of other hand are worn ragged with every half-turn, and finally descends to the floor with me flailing around with the can between my knees; eventually stabbing at the randomly sectioned top of the can with the opener’s blunt end.

The Roullier White OXO Good Grips Can Opener found its purchase on the tin as if by magic. With a few turns of the sensibly sized, and comfortably giving, moulded plastic knob, I did 360° in seconds.

‘Well this is no good’ I thought to myself as I waved the OXO Good Grips Can Opener away, to my surprise with it in its clutches went the lid of the can, carefully cut beneath the rim with no jagged edges. I was a man on a mission, I quickly whizzed through several more cans from my larder with equal ease and grace. No canned goods were safe and as news spreads, and a market tip here, it might be wise to invest in shares in Ambrosia. Don’t judge me - tinned rice pudding is not called Ambrosia for nothing.
Dimensions:
18 x 5 x 7.5 cm
Weight: 225 grams
Roullier White’s
OXO Good Grips Can Opener
makes opening a can easy on your hands. Big cushioned handles give you extra strength to pierce a can, and the oversized knob turns easily. The sharp cutting blade is made of sturdy stainless steel and the soft, comfortable handles absorb pressure. The OXO Good Grips Can Opener also features a built-in bottle cap opener
  • Big, cushioned handles absorb pressure
  • Oversized knob is easy to turn
  • Sharp stainless steel cutting blade
  • Built-in bottle cap opener
Pop into our East Dulwich Store;
Roullier White
125 Lordship Lane
East Dulwich
London SE22 8HU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez