Today's Special: Blue Cheese Quiche with Pear & Walnut

My favourite summer salad is endive, pear, blue cheese and walnut. The flavours combine so perefctly I thiought they would make the perfect ingredients for a quiche. I was not wrong!

I am afraid that this recipe breaks my cardinal rule and will probably mean you have to venture into a supermarket, but a quick in and out, for the frozen pastry.

Blue Cheese Quiche with Pear and Walnut


You will need:

  • Shortcrust pastry
  • 3 large eggs
  • Some double cream
  • Blue cheese
  • A pear
  • Chopped walnuts
  • Salt and pepper


Method:

  • Blind bake the pastry in your 25 cm Maxwell and Williams traditional French style quiche dish.
  • Beat the eggs with the cream and season.
  • Slice the pear and lay on the baked pastry crust.
  • Crumble over the blue cheese and the chopped walnuts.
  • Pour over the egg mixture and bake for 35 minutes or until golden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez