Todays Special: Smoked Salmon Pasta



Confronted by the waste I create every week from shopping at the Supermarket, months ago I decided to shop for what we needed on a daily basis. I was also frustrated by pushing my trolley onto the supermarket floor and standing there thinking "what am I going to want to eat in 4 days time." 

I have found I have cut my food bill dramatically by shopping locally, little and often, by avoiding all the unnecessary marketing ploys everyone is susceptible to at the supermarket and having much more fun along the way.

I am hoping to share a recipe every working, weekday and here we are with day two.

Smoked Salmon Pasta with Lemon & Cream Sauce


I know we had a smoked fish yesterday, but this recipe is so different in flavour and texture, you will not even think about having fish two days running. Also it is, after all, fish on Fridays; but more to the point if this dish were any easier to make it would make itself!!

For two people you will need:
  • Penne Pasta (dried or fresh)
  • 100 gms of smoked salmon
  • 150 ml of single cream
  • 2 Lemons
  • Lots and lots of freshly ground black pepper
Method:

If life gives you lemons, make and gin and tonic. So before you do anything else dump your bags on the kitchen table, cut the ends of one off the lemons drop it a glass an d mix yourself a drink.

  • Bring heat a pan of water and ones it comes to the boil drop in your pasta with a little olive oil to stop it clumping.
  • into another pan (I always use a GreenPan Stir Fry Pan as is non-stick and safe (unlike Teflon which is dangerous when it degrades) and washes up with no effort. The size of the Stir Fry Pan makes it the perfect receptacle for the pasta once it has been cooked) grate the zest of one lemon and squeeze in the juices of both. Use you hands and catch the pips between your fingers.
  • Grind in lots and lots of black pepper and let it reduce slightly whilst the pasta is cooking.
  • Cut your smoked salmon into slivers using scissors.
  • Strain the cooked pasta, pour into the pan with the cream, stir into the sauce, serve and top with the smoked salmon and more black pepper.
There you go - supper in 5 minutes max.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez