Lawrence Roullier White: Guest Editor; The Good Web Guide

http://www.thegoodwebguide.co.uk/guest-editor/lawrence-roullier-white/16152

Having spent many years working as a consultant devising and developing range plans and product ranges for new shop launches, in 2005 Lawrence Roullier White decided it was time to write his own retail brief. Having collected a wealth of knowledge of, and a developed a huge passion for, brands with a pedigree and provenance Lawrence opened Roullier White as a showcase for these companies, combining both his British and French heritage in a carefully considered collection. Roullier White is a luxury lifestyle store, packed with affordable, desirable and useful items. From Lawrence’s range of all-natural Mrs White’s home and body care products – based on ingredients passed down from his Great Grandmother - to some of the world’s most exclusive and extraordinary perfumes, customers the world over cannot help but fall in love with Roullier White.

As a journalist Lawrence is a regular contributor to many lifestyle magazines and blogs, as well as being a keen advocate of encouraging small and local businesses and emerging talent.

The world of fragrance is a fickle one and to keep my finger on the ‘pulse point’ my single most used resource is Basenotes. This informative site and forum is a vital destination for anyone with more than a passing interest in perfumes. I really what admire what Grant Osbourne has done in developing Basenotes as a world leader – a massive task, well and successfully executed. 

Producing our own range of Mrs White’s natural beauty products means I like to stay aware of market trends, Jane Cunningham’s valuable insider insights are incredibly useful. The British Beauty Blogger is a very convenient way to keep up to date with what is new, plus Jane’s witty writing style is a joy to read and very refreshing. It is inspiring too, many a time a sublime shade of nail varnish or perfect piece of packaging first spotted on British Beauty Blogger has popped up on a Roullier White mood board.

I cannot tell you how much I love this glorious site; I sit with my ipad cooing at all the beautiful brands and products Tweed Pig manages to find. More than a website; Tweed Pig is a monument to British artistry and industry. It is very informative, often when I have been trying to recall the name of a particular British producer Tweed Pig has saved my bacon. 

The Completely London blog always manages to unearth unusual and interesting events and places to put on my capital bucket list. The clear, magazine-like design quality of the blog make it easy to read without all the unnecessary and annoying banners and pop ups that are prevalent on far too many websites. The editorial standard is exceptional too.

I am lucky enough to live in one of the best parts of London, sandwiched between fashionable East Dulwich and über cool Peckham. Angela Burgess’ Around Dulwich website is a great way to keep abreast of what is going on, of which there is always plenty; from open air pop-up cinemas to ukulele band performances in my local book shop, Rye Books. You can always guarantee around Dulwich there will be something suitably engaging and / or eccentric, and you find it all on Angela’s fabulous site. 

I first came across Diane Seed when I was a buyer at the Covent Garden General Store in the late 1980’s, her book The Top 100 Pasta Sauces was a Christmas bestseller. I never dreamed she would become a dear friend and we would share many marvellous adventures together. I have travelled to India, Istanbul, Greece and all over Italy on Diane’s Gourmet Adventures. I would recommend them thoroughly, her trips are wonderfully well organised with access to some of the world’s best kitchens and chefs and Diane is a witty host who has me in hoots. Visit http://www.italiangourmet.com/ to find out about forthcoming trips and to sign up for her wonderful newsletter.





I try to avoid all un-natural cleaning agents like the plague but the labelling can be ambiguous. I find it shocking the horrible, harsh chemicals which are used in many commercial cosmetic and household products, there is always a natural alternative to anything chemical. I use an app called Chemical Maze to help me decipher what certain ingredients are and if they should be avoided.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez