Ho Ho Ho 2! Gorgeous Gifts For Gentlewomen That Do Not Break The Bank!

Ho Ho Ho 2
Gorgeous Gifts For Gentlewomen That Do Not Break The Bank!
Good morning!  This week I have been concentrating on the festive season, making sure that everything is in place and decorating the Christmas Tree in our store window - a thoroughly enjoyable task, made more so by some delightful felt animal decorations that have been a huge hit with the local children! Perhaps it is because of the political horrors of this year but I am really enjoying focussing on something joyful and feeling rather excited at the prospect of December. I am also organised for once - I know who is getting what, cards have been purchased, the list has been made and I am feeling a rosy glow I haven't experienced in years!

I am very proud of our Christmas offer too - there are practical presents, luxurious indulgences (many of them exclusive to RW in the UK) and, when I went around the store this morning looking for inspirational gifts for under £30, I was spoilt for choice!
Gifts For Gentlewomen
Shop Now - Aphrodite Earrings - £27
1 . Aphrodite Earrings - £27 
One of my favourite discoveries this year is a delightful jewellery designer named Clio whose 'Aphrodite' collection of gold and silver-plated wire jewellery has taken Roullier White by a storm. Handmade on the Essex coast, the designs are simple, elegant and modern with prices that are unbelievably good. Take the earrings - small, multi-strand hoops with a knot feature in either gold, silver or a combination of the two. They are ageless, timeless and incredibly flattering.  A snip at £27!
Shop Now - Prosecco & Juniper Candle - £22
2 . Prosecco & Juniper Candle  - £22 
There's a new scented candle in town this Christmas - 'Prosecco and Juniper'  - from another British brand, Marmalade. Very chic, with a snuffer lid and packaged in a smart, tubular box that is easy to wrap, the scent combines a glamorous blend of gin and fizz - what's not to love?! This has a freshness which works well all over the home and really does get one in celebratory mood. £22
Shop Now - Cotton & Wool Mix Scarves - £20
3. Cotton & Wool Scarf - £20
As the winter chill has finally arrived I would suggest an investment in a voluminous wool/cotton blend scarf. These are a lightweight knit but the sheer size( a HUGE 180cm x 105cm ) makes them very warm as air is trapped between the layers when worn. There are some beautiful colours but I am particularly enamoured by the mustard, charcoal and peacock green. And the cost ? An eyebrow raising £20!
Shop Now - Alvarez Gomez - Verbena and Orange Blossom (EdT) - £19.50
4. Alvarez Gomez - Verbena and Orange Blossom (EdT) - £19.50
One of my favourite family fragrance firms is Alvarez Gomez in Madrid. They have been creating good quality, uplifting colognes for over 100 years and their 'Verbena and Orange Blossom' scent is one of my favourites - zesty and energising, it can be worn anywhere, the packaging is pretty and the price is a wonderfully reasonable £19.50!
Shop Now - Italian Leather Heart Shaped Key Ring - £8
5. Italian Leather Heart Shaped Key Ring -£8 
Our heart-shaped, leather key rings are made by a lovely Yorkshire company from Italian leather and are a delightful stocking filler at just £8. Choose from Orange, Gold. Fuchsia or Red - they make keys a lot easier to find in poor light!
Shop Now - Cashmere Snowflake Fair Isle Socks - £30 
6. Cashmere Snowflake Fair Isle Socks - £30 
Christmas is a great time for treating loved ones to a little luxury that they wouldn't necessarily indulge in and cashmere socks are the perfect treat. I have invested in some traditional Scandinavian designs in grey or damson - they are very pretty and will keep toes toasty! £30
Shop Now - Wool Plant Pot - £26
7. Wool Plant Pot - £26
Our new, wool, plant pots are fast selling out. Made in Sweden they are a fantastically original design and are rubberised inside to make them waterproof so watering isn't a problem. The colours are gorgeous, especially the mustard and aubergine, and they are unbreakable and very light so a great gift if you are posting presents to friends or relatives! £26
Shop Now - Water & Greaseproof Chef's Notebook - £18
8. Water & Greaseproof Chef's Notebook - £18
For enthusiastic cooks, our waterproof/greaseproof notebook for keeping recipes clean and legible is a great choice. I have had a great deal of fun throwing red wine, gravy and butter on the pages to see if it lives up to it's claims and it has passed with flying colours. I have two people that this will be perfect for this Christmas! £18
Shop Now - Mrs Whites Old Soak Bath Salts - £15
9. Mrs Whites Old Soak Bath Salts - £15
Mrs White's Bath Salts are 100% natural and made in England to our own recipes. For those with sleep issues - and this seems to be an increasingly common problem - then a relaxing bath in our 'Lavender Bath Salts' will certainly beat counting sheep. Alternatively I like an invigorating bath to perk me up and the 'West Indian Grapefruit & Lime' is my secret weapon when I want to feel perky after a hard day. £15
Shop Now - Spin Stoneware Mug - £17
10. Spin Stoneware Mug -  £17
Last but not least come the 'Spin' Coffee/Tea Mug. The Swedes are so clever - this is simplicity itself but practical and very stylish.The perfect receptacle for a hot beverage, it comes with a coaster to protect the furniture OR - and this is my favourite part - a cap to keep your tea/coffee hot! How many of us make a cup of tea first thing and find that it is stone cold by the time we get out of the shower.... and cold granite kitchen worktops don't help. This is coming home with me! £17
This w/e I have my mum's birthday - her tastes have changed over the years from traditional glamour to quirky which I love so there is something in the list above that is perfect (she reads this so I can't possibly say!). It is my friend Mark's birthday too and he is a chef so an easy man to buy for. My cousin is coming down from Manchester for a pre-Christmas w/e of food and possibly dancing and I shall be working at the store as it gives me enormous pleasure to see the looks on the faces of our customers when they find something special for someone special - it's a vocation, I'm virtually an elf.
Have a lovely w/e.
Michaelx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez