Greetings From Paris!

Greetings From Paris!
I do suffer terribly in this job and today I am writing to you from my hotel near the Gard Du Nord in Paris as the lovely Lene and myself are attending an international exhibition in the hope of finding some more talent to grace our shelves! 
Last w/e, in London, we attended something similar, but petit, and have already found a delightful potter from Devon, a very clever Londoner who takers everyday forms like bricks, tin cans and chimney pots and transforms them into desirable objects and a wonderful company producing alpaca throws and scarves based in Kent - so 2019 is inspiring me already. Of course we are unsure if will will be able to buy very much from this show due the political situation and the uncertainty surrounding import duty however I am trying to maintain a cautious optimism in the face of adversity! Please note that I didn't mention the B word once!
Another very gratifying moment occurred when listening to the news yesterday and a spokesperson for the government's new 'clean air policy' who highlighted the build up of toxic pollutants in the home caused by generic cleaning products and the use of Formaldehyde in particular. You may remember that I mentioned this specifically in last week's missive and the fact that we created the Mrs White's collection for just this reason over ten years ago - it is very exciting that government agencies are now catching up and our beloved range is on trend at last! 
Shop Now - Mr's White's Cleaning Products
I like to inject some newness into the store in January to cheer myself up  - it always feels a bit flat after Christmas, especially this year, so it's nice to have something fresh to energise the space. This week we acquired a new casserole dish from the Lombok collection which looks like the giant, family-sized version that we already sell but is meant for two people. I have used it and it will hold two generous servings and a little more so it is the perfect size for dinner a deux. Oven, hob and dishwasher proof it is a thing of beauty - I cooked a Lindsay Bareham crab dish from her 'One Pot Wonders' and it was magnificent if I say so myself, plus the casserole looks
lovely on the table.
Black Small Casserole - £35
One Pot Wonders - £16.99
The weather has turned nippy and so I have refreshed out mohair scarf offer from Rioja.
NEW favourites include the extra wide, plain scarves in pillarbox red and a lovely ash grey which are almost like a wrap and keep your ears warm, plus two new checks in
blue and pink that scream tres chic!
Shop Now - Mohair Scarves
We also have a new perfume collection from Paris called 'Bon Parfumeur' which I chose because they are quite simple scents with what, we call 'short formulae' which means that they don't have dozens of notes. These are perfect for everyday and come in a lovely, portable 30ml size at a very reasonable £43 so they are great to play with. I have been wearing a striking combination of eucalyptus (a new favourite note), coriander and cypres called '701' and a warm woody scent of amber, cardamom and sandalwood '301'. I am going to try the prune and vanilla next ('401') which I know sounds strange but is really hypnotising.
Shop Now - Bon Perfumer Collection - £42
Well duty calls and I must away to the talent-spotting. I will regale you with our finds in a few weeks, meanwhile stay warm and cosy, it will be spring before we know it! 
And finally a thank you to those that dropped me an email following last week's newsletter
- you are all so kind and there was weeping !
Michaelx

Copyright © *2017* *Roullier White LTD*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
125 Lordship Lane
East Dulwich
London
SE22 8HU

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences

or

unsubscribe from this list

View this email in your browser
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez