Happy Easter ! With Hot Chicks, Space Age Bowls, The Complexion MOT & More Lemony Snippets!

Happy Easter !
With Hot Chicks, Space Age Bowls, The Complexion MOT
&
More Lemony Snippets!
Happy Easter to you all !
I hope that the Easter Bunny has visited and that you are nibbling on something
truly indulgent!
Shop Now - Chick Egg Cup - £17
Fortunately for me chocolate is not one of my vices however, as most of you will know, bowls are an utter addiction!  And this week Christmas came early for me at RW as the most beautiful bowls imaginable arrived from the Netherlands. I ordered these in Frankfurt in February and to be honest I had almost forgotten about them however they suddenly  appeared and I am ecstatic. These beauties look like they belong in a Stanley Kubrick movie - they have a space age 1960's feel to them. The thing about truly great design is that it is timeless - the bowls will still look contemporary in fifty years time and that is very rare. They are HUGE(35 cm diameter!) and mouth-blown, so the depth varies slightly from bowl to bowl as each is a unique work of art. Colours are a golden amber, a spring grass green and a heavenly pink. I have placed them in the window and they make me so proud when I arrive each morning. I have been wrestling with my conscience all w/e and today I caved - in and am buying the amber bowl because it will make me happy. I am also indulging in the ambery coloured lamp from Syria as I think that the tones will work really well together. I have missed out on so many beautiful products because they sold out quickly (ironic I know) and so these are my Easter gifts to myself! Indulgent .... but I'm worth it!
Shop Now - Glass Bowls - £120
The weather has turned around for our Bank Holiday W/E - probably for the first time in British history!  - and wearing short sleeves in these  warmer temperatures has made me realise that the central heating has taken its toll and my skin has that dull, slightly grey hue.
A jar of Mrs White's Cold Cream is essential this w/e to restore a healthy glow. The secret ingredient in this efficacious potion is organic cider vinegar which is the only natural ingredient that has the same PH as the epidermis and so it gets to work without upsetting the skin's delicate balance. Our recipe actually dates back to ancient Greece and includes rose absolute, Bulgarian rosewater and organic lavender water. I use it all over at this time of year to re-nourish and the results are noticeable and immediate. Takes 15 mins from top to toe but it's like an MOT for the complexion and worth every minute!
Shop Now - Mrs White's Classic Cold Cream - £25
Speaking of sunshine, we have brought back (by popular demand) our lemon ceramic collection, handmade for us in Almeria, Spain. The salad bowl is new and we have also added a large jug. They are glorious and it is impossible to look upon them without smiling. The jug looks great with flowers and will be perfect for serving lemonade al fresco and the saladiere  brings the colours of leaves and fruit to life. It is lovely to have such vivid pieces on display when the sun is shining and they are heavy, robust objects at a very good price considering the fact that they are painted by hand!
Shop Now - Lemons Range Jug & Salad Bowl - From £34.99
The sunshine and this lovely lemon range has lead me to re-discover Agua de Colonia Concentrada, an iconic cologne from Madrid that was created in 1912. Made from Spanish lemons - which have a sherbet fizz to them that the Sicilian variety just do not possess - it is a wonderful scent to wear in warm weather (and it has certainly saved my sanity on the Tube  when the olfactory daintiness of several passengers has been sadly lacking !). Lemons affect the brain and make us happy so this is a bottle full of joy! The scent is augmented with rosemary, thyme and bergamot with a dash of lavender. A classic still made by the same family and a go-to scent for holidays and warm weekends as well as an uplifting,
clean fragrance for everyday.
Shop Now - Alvarez Gomez - Agua de Colonia Concentrada (EdC) 150ml - £25
I am currently enjoying the birdsong in Lindfield, East Sussex where I am relaxing this w/e chez the Good Doctor (who was a big HIT with the besty and who is, unfortunately, 'on call' so cannot leave the locale). We are hoping to visit Kew Gardens at Wakehurst as it is a wonderful place to watch the seasons change - last time we visited the grass was covered in snowdrops! I also have my heart set on dinner at The Lime Bistro as they have a rhubarb meringue that I never know whether to eat or roll around in - it's indecently good!
I wish you a relaxing and thoroughly indulgent w/e -  we must all strive to be as happy as possible. It's a tough call but I believe that we are up to the task!
Hoppy Easter! 
Michaelx
Copyright © *2017* *Roullier White LTD*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
125 Lordship Lane
East Dulwich
London
SE22 8HU

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences

or

unsubscribe from this list

View this email in your browser
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez