Daddy Cool! Father's Day Gifts For Discerning Gentlemen

Daddy Cool!

Father's Day Gifts For 
Discerning Gentlemen
Good Morning!
What a scorcher it was last w/e! Flaming June got off to a tremendous start so finger's crossed that we are in for another great summer. My roses are looking spectacular, the result of laziness rather than green fingers I'm afraid - I just let them go wild this year!
On Tuesday I visited Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum with my sister Elizabeth - we are both big tennis fans and this was a treat - we had a wonderful guide and were fascinated by the history of the game and given a tour of Centre Court and Court 1 (which has a roof now!).
I didn't get to play, which was their loss obviously!  A lunch with the signature Champagne and strawberries didn't hurt either! I should play hooky more often!


On Thursday I was at The Savoy for a very glamorous fragrance launch (thank you for having me Jill) and was gifted a very exciting new toothpaste that regenerates tooth enamel - 
I am testing it this week and hoping for a blinding smile - I shall let you know!
Next Sunday, the 16th, is Father's Day. I lost my dad many years ago however my
Father-In-Law, the lovely Bob, is very much a part of my life so I still get to spoil someone!
This year I am torn but have whittled it down to just 10 choices! I am a Libran - we are not renowned for our decision-making!
Currently, I am leaning towards a 21st Century Wallet from Secrid. Bob is a practical chap and does enjoy technical advances that make life easier. This Wallet is, in my opinion, the best on the market, and I use one myself. It houses six cards, which is quite enough - 2 credit cards, bank card, driving licence and a couple of loyalty cards is plenty - and these are stored in an aluminium case at the heart of the wallet. This will protect the financial and personal details contained on these cards so they cannot be read, activated or cloned by digital pickpockets, and also stops the cards from bending or breaking!
Shop Now - Miniwallet - From £49.95
Shop Now - Slimwallet - From £49.95
There is a little lever at the base of the Wallet which, when pressed, causes the six cards to rise magically so they can be extracted easily rather than having to tug them out. You just push them down when you have finished. The case is then covered with a leather sheath that has a space for banknotes and a pocket for business cards. I actually use this pocket for the bank card that I use for contactless payments as this means that I don't even have to get my card out of my wallet - I simply wave the wallet over the card machine and the aluminium case prevents it from reading any of my other cards - very clever! I think that Bob will get a kick out of the lever system and the case is so slim that it wont make his jacket bulge.
There are different colours and designs to choose from however blue would be Bob's preference as he is quite traditional.
Shop Now - Big Ronnie - £85
I am also considering 'Big Ronnie' - our 1 metre long, oak,chopping board, made for us by the inmates of HM Prisons who are learning carpentry before they rejoin society.
I am very proud to support this project and have been alerted to Big Ronnie's full potential by a customer (thank you Pat!) who sends me sensational pictures of his board, loaded to capacity, in the centre of the table. I shall share two with you - one with Sushi and the other with Christmas Dinner - I hope you agree that they look most impressive.
BR can be used to prepare and serve food and makes quite an entrance. He also hangs on the wall which looks stunning and is practical as he's a very big lad!
Shop Now - Big Ronnie - £85
Socks are an excellent gift as they are worn every day and ours are made from Bamboo so they are an ecologically safe choice. I love the spots which the radiant Angela, head of our mail-order business, kindly bought me for my Birthday. I think that they are very stylish and wear them both with jeans and suits. A percentage of sales goes to help protect Pandas so this is a nice gift for kids to buy for  daddy as it teaches about conservation - and who doesn't love a Panda?
Shop Now - Bamboo Soaks - £9.95
Shop Now - Mrs White's Good Sport Bath Elixir - £25
I have recently had my cast iron bath re-lined as it was like sitting on sandpaper and I don't think that one should exfoliate one's rear to that extent. Now that the roll-top is silky smooth I have been using our Bath Oils once again and particularly enjoying 'Good Sport' which is the perfect way to treat muscles that have worked hard and need a little pampering! Ideal for a post-exercise soak and I use after a long day at the store or after a heavy bout
of gardening, so a great gift for sporty dads or the horticulturist!


The careful blend of Arnica, Calendula & Comfrey reduces inflammation and stimulates cell growth which aids in the recovery of bruised and aching muscles. The combination of peppermint, lavender, orange, camphor & rosemary essential oils provides an invigorating aroma that soothes and relaxes, as well as providing the vitamins and nutrients that the skin craves.
Moisturising apricot kernel oil is world renowned both for its super absorbent qualities, leaving skin soft and supple with lots of trapped-in moisture, and it’s ability to disperse oils in your bath water without the addition of any horrible chemicals.
Shop Now - Slippers - £36.95
Slippers are a really practical gift, however I had always found them a bit middle- ageing until I discovered these beauties designed in Copenhagen. Handmade in Nepal, fair trade and the only slippers that I know of that can be washed in the machine, these are cool, modernist, Scandi slippers and I love them. Made from wool, they are warm in winter,
cool in summer and easy to slip on and off.
Shop Now - Mrs White's Shaving Serum - £20
Shop Now - Mrs White's Beerd Oil - £20
Beard and Shaving Oils are very useful - we produce our own which I personally road tested for months. Mrs White's Shaving Serum is fantastic because the nutritious oils mean that you don't need to moisturise after shaving - the face feels incredibly soft and plumped!  Beerd Oil, so-called because it contains hops, is an essential for hirsute gentlemen as it tames beard hair and moisturises the skin beneath. Geranium oil also makes the beard smell its absolute best!
Shop Now - Father's Day Fragrances - From £25
A fragrance for Father's Day is a very touching gift as when he wears it he will remember that you chose it for him and, as scent to tied to memory, it will be a part of his olfactory history forever. For traditionalists I would choose 'Milano Centro' - a very manly scent with a nice woody base and fresh citrus top. For the peacock, Caron's 'Pour Un Homme de Caron' is the Carey Grant of perfumes, a delicious, minty French Lavender that conjures the twisting roads above Nice. The scent of luxury, this time from Scotland, is the marvellous 'Forbes of Forbes' made at Castle Forbes, a fantastic house built by Lord Forbes in 1815. This is one of my favourite fragrances and uses basil and pine at the heart with a rounded, orange opening and a mellow,  warm ambergris/patchouli base.  Elegant and sophisticated this fragrance, like a true gentlemen, fits in anywhere!

As we have over 70 brands at our perfumery I have created a little 'Father's Day' section on our website which I hope will make selecting the perfect scent a little easier.

There - I hope that I have inspired, and my very best wishes to Papa's everywhere!
Shop Now - Father's Day Section
This weekend I am attending a Birthday Party for a very dear friend and have her favourite Tocca fragrance, the very sexy 'Cleopatra', wrapped and ready to go. On Sunday I travel to Lindfield for a bucolic luncheon at The Snowdrop Inn (as pretty as it sounds!) with the Good Doctor, so am hoping for lovely weather as Sussex is paradise at this time of year!

Next week it's a big trade show in London so I shall be looking for something to
excite you this Christmas! I know, I just said Christmas in June, I'm ashamed!

Have a splendid w/e

Bisous bisous

Michaelx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez