Summer In The Great Outdoors !

Summer In The Great Outdoors !
Good Morning!
We are promised a warm w/e so this missive will reflect the rise in temperatures
- let's hope that they materialise!
I was inspired by a visit to the Sorolla (pronounced Soroya) exhibition at The National Gallery on Sunday. Flagged as 'The Spanish Master Of Light'  the huge canvasses are truly inspiring and the artist's ability to capture the nuances and intensity of sunlight, particularly on fabric, rendered both myself and The Good Doctor speechless. So my thoughts turn to outdoor living and a couple of incredible finds that I have been patiently keeping
under wraps since February!
We have discovered a collection of luxury enamelware from Istanbul that is so chic and glossy that both the lovely Lene and I were convinced that is was fine china until we picked it up! The palette and designs are stunning - Mandarin, Pink & Turquoise with a white border which makes the plates look clean and the colours pop!
Shop Now - Enamelware Collection
I have snapped up a collection of dinner plates, small bowls, large bowls and circular trays for several reasons. Firstly enamelware is incredibly practical in the summer. If eating outside it is light and indestructible so no matter if plates hit the stone terrace of get dropped on the kitchen floor! They are safe for small children (no crockery shards to step on) and because they are as light they are easier to carry, especially if anyone has arthritis or plates are overloaded with good food!
Shop Now - Enamelware Collection
This collection is also modern and beautiful - the glossy surface and vivid colours give it a bright, contemporary look and a far cry from the post-war enamelware of the 1950's. Use them in matching sets or mix the colours for maximum impact!

We are absolutely smitten with this collection and I shall be dining from it this evening as am sans TGD (who has family obligations the w/e) and having a few friends for an al fresco soiree! I think my garden table will look incredible with the plates and I have chosen some wonderfully colourful salads to compliment them, plus the tray is
perfect for serving cocktails!
Shop Now - Unstung Hero 250ml - £20
Shop Now - Unstung Hero Travel Size 100ml - £15
I shall be spraying  myself and my guests with 'Unstung Hero' which has just arrived. I was caught unawares last summer thinking that mosquitoes did not appear until later in the season and was badly bitten and so I shall not be making the same mistake again!

For the uninitiated, 'Unstung Hero' is our 100% natural eau de cologne that renders the wearer invisible to mosquitoes, wasps, midges and a plethora of biting/stinging insects. They simply cannot smell you and so fly on by and bite someone else! The cologne smells of lemon tea and is lovely and fresh and summery and works equally well on men and women.

'Unstung Hero' can also be used on small children and I would never ever travel without it or sit in the garden in the evenings without a very generous application.
Shop Now - Swim Shorts - £84
A really great pair of stylish swim-shorts is the holy grail for me and I have been searching for years. My hallelujah moment came in Paris this spring when I discovered the incredible talent of husband & wife team Sebastien and Marion Fredeau at their swimwear atelier APNEE. Passionate divers, these pioneers have produced a collection that is elegant, high-end and modern - the shape is perfection (not too long, not too short, not too baggy or too tight) - in short(!) these guys have cracked it! Their signature prints, inspired by the world's oceans, are effortlessly chic  - well these are Parisians after all! - and frankly I am going to be the best dressed man at the pool and on the beach this summer. 
Made from 100%  polyester, the best fabric for swim-shorts as it is fast drying and the prints will not fade in sunlight or in salt/chlorinated water. These shorts also come in a waterproof, zip up swimming pouch to keep damp swimwear isolated.

My admiration and thanks go to these two passionate designers for bringing my quest to an end and producing the ultimate combination of high style/low impact swimwear - I would like to share a shot of me on the beach at Cromer wearing them!
Shop Now - Dressing Shaker - £9.99
This week we received a 'Salad Dressing Shaker' from the Netherlands. As I have been using jam jars for decades I am delighted with this! It has five, delicious, salad dressing recipes complete with measurements printed around the sides, so it is ideal for making the perfect 'Caesar Salad Dressing' and 'Creamy Vinaigrette' amongst others. The stopper fits snuggly and the Shaker is made from clear acrylic so it is easy to observe the blending and will take rigorous shaking...... and even a few mishaps! I wish that I had been introduced to this beauty years ago - as with all things, the simple ideas are the best!
Shop Now - 101 Vegetarian Grill & BBQ Recipes - £12.99
Shop Now - Hamburger Press - £16
Finally, I have been trying out a new BBQ book! I haven't eaten meat for 17 years and consequently have had a very tempestuous relationship with BBQ's. I have been served more corn on the cob than I care to recall and grilled aubergine slices don't really excite anyone so I was thrilled to discover  '101 Vegetarian Grill & BBQ Recipes'! I have been working my way through the book and my favourite recipe so far is for 'Mushroom & Barley Burgers' which are quick, tasty and incredibly economical to make if you have a large crowd attending. I am addicted as they have a dash of cheese for zing and the barley makes them slightly chewy.
I use my Burger Press to form the patties as it means that the cook-through is more even than using your hands. If you are vegetarian, have veggie friends and family, or just want a day off from meat, I highly recommend as it uses ingredients that we all have in the fridge/cupboards and the results taste amazing - 'Rosemary Coleslaw' made
me weep it is so good!
I hope that tummies are now grumbling and that you have something outdoorsy planned
ce soir. I had better get cracking as I am considering serving cocktails and need to research
- thinking Mint Juleps or Lemon Drops but we shall see -
I'm having a 'Gone With The Wind' moment!
Enjoy the sunshine and don't forget the Factor 50!
Michaelx
Copyright © *2017* *Roullier White LTD*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
125 Lordship Lane
East Dulwich
London
SE22 8HU

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences

or

unsubscribe from this list

View this email in your browser
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez