Winter Indulgence Means Cherubs, China, Jewels & A Long Soak!

Winter Indulgence Means Cherubs, China,
Jewels & A Long Soak!
Good Morning and Happy February,
What a week it has been. When we were in Paris we spoke with many lovely Chinese nationals who were attending the same show, many wearing face-masks and who were, understandably, very nervous. Scary times and let us hope for a speedy resolution.

On a happier note, the daffodils are out on Peckham Rye, the buds are on my privet hedge and I spent Saturday in Lewes with the GD. I love the town as it is compact, beautiful and full of history. There are also some great independent stores there and some excellent antique shops - a very dangerous combination for me. I entered one of my favourites, just to browse you understand, and emerged 20 mins later with a large, baroque, putti wall sconce at considerable cost. He is, I hope you agree, an exceedingly handsome cherub and a thing of beauty is a joy forever, however I will admit to feeling a little guilty at my extravagance. I slunk home only to find a tax rebate on my doormat so I have taken this to be a sign that my kleptomania is approved of by the universe (& HMRC) ! 
While I was spending a king's ransom on Italianate loveliness, the GD was 'on-call' and fielding them at all hours of the day and night. A 2.30am emergency on Sunday morning woke us from blissful slumber and really brought it home to me just how dedicated and wonderful our NHS professionals are - I am sure that I would not have been nearly as kind and constructive at that hour - it is humbling! 
As this is, historically, the worst time of year in the UK in terms of darkness, rain and temperature, my thoughts have been turning to treats - I think that is what the cherub was all about - and so have been searching out things to make us happier.
Shop Now - Mrs White's - Good Night - 200ml - £25
Our Bath Oils returned to the shelves this week and, after a w/e of interrupted sleep(!), I thought that our 'Mrs White's Good Night Bath Oil' blend might be just the ticket! There is nothing like a hot bath with a really good quality bath oil to sooth the senses and re-hydrate the skin (mine was fast approaching the Dead Sea Scrolls!) and this blend of Chamomile, Lavender and Patchouli in Apricot Kernel Oil restored my complexion and left me so relaxed that I barely made it to the bedroom! I have been indulging quite regularly this week and am in Spa heaven and sleeping like a baby.

In the kitchen I have been extremely healthy (I am trying to shed 7lbs of Christmas indulgence) and enjoying salads and stir fries. As you know, I have made it my mission to inject colour into both home and wardrobe and realised that I wanted something more sumptuous to eat from than my white bone china plates and bowls. 
Shop Now - Ore Collection - From £6
Consequently I have indulged in the most glorious sea blue/green bowls and plates made for us in Turkey. These are hand glazed and so each piece is slightly different and the depth and complexity of the colour is mesmerising. Salads and seafood look utterly amazing in them, they add opulence to the proceedings and are magical in candlelight! They will also look great once the sunshine returns and look like gazing into the ocean. The pasta bowls have been very practical and I have already used them for most meals as they are sizeable however I did buy the matching dinner and side-plates just to ensure that I have a set. This range also comes in a rich tobacco, equally sumptuous that looks super on wooden tables! Best of all the collection is on sale at the moment and so I managed to land a bargain for a change!
Shop Now - PP Fine Jewellery Collection
I had an appointment with a wonderful jewellery designer on Tuesday. I enjoy buying from her however, as a man, I buy purely on the aesthetics of the piece, which is why I am so lucky to have the Lovely Lene waiting in the wings. The weight of earrings, the length of a necklace and which pieces suit a bobbed haircut(!) are all things that I am learning and we had a great time choosing some exquisite designs to adorn our cabinet.

Baroque pearls are glorious, a miracle of nature and each one  unique. We selected a small range of earrings and one particularly stunning necklace and they are positively iridescent under the spotlights!
Shop Now - PP Fine Jewellery Collection
Rubies are, I think, my favourite stones and I indulged in a '3 prong' ring that really glows. The setting, of 18 carat gold, is flexible so it will fit different sized ringers - very clever indeed! Another ruby, this time a tiny drop, lies at the end of a gold-plated silver chain. This is so pretty and looks great when the stone catches the light with movement - a  bijoux spark against the skin.
Shop Now - PP Fine Jewellery Collection
The 'cloud' earrings are so stylish and we have them in several sophisticated stones including chalcedony (aqua) and labradorite (fawn/grey). I love them as they are a little bit 1930's and a touch 1960's  but still incredibly contemporary. 
Shop Now - PP Fine Jewellery Collection
Most of the pieces that we have collated are impressive in colour and design however my favourites are actually the most modest. We have a pair of labradorite two-stone drop earrings that are a source of endless fascination as the gemstones have an almost mother-of-pearl sheen made all the more transfixing by the fact that the translucence is spattered with tiny green specs that look a little like moss suspended in them. They are absolutely beautiful and one of a kind.
It is a rather special w/e for the Good Doctor and myself as tonight is our first anniversary(!) and I have booked the same table at the vegan restaurant in Marylebone where met - who said that romance was dead! The rest of the time I shall spend spoiling the GD - probably with cake - as a reward for being saintly and plotting our Hove adventure!
My very best wishes to all,

Michaelx
Copyright © *2017* *Roullier White LTD*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
125 Lordship Lane
East Dulwich
London
SE22 8HU

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences

or

unsubscribe from this list

View this email in your browser
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez