My Last Good Buy: GreenPan

Just part of my beloved GreenPan collection
There are advantages and disadvantages to being a buyer, one of the disadvantages is a compulsion to turn every plate and bowl over in every restaurant or home I visit to check where it is made. The advantages are I can name a wine glass manufacturer from the glass’s silhouette and tell you the make of casserole from the shape of the lid. When friends started asking me what brand of saucepans are currently being used in the Great British Bake Off that was my easiest challenge yet. Easily identifiable from their elegant grey lining I have been using GreenPans for several years. 

When I learned how damaging traditional non-stick pans are to your health (the Teflon website advises you not to use their pans in rooms with a caged bird present due to gases which are emitted during cooking and Teflon also flakes off in your food, yuck!) and how poor they are at performing the job at hand (traditional non-stick services are simply not good heat conductors) it was out with the old and in with the new and I have not looked back. 

The most brilliant and unbelievable bit is that with GreenPan’s Thermolon lining you can cook with little or no fat. This has revolutionalised my life; can you imagine the satisfaction of frying an egg with absolutely no oil, not to mention the delicious and guilt free breakfasts? Whilst on the subject of grease – none of the elbow variety is required either as due to the incredible non-stick property residue can just be rinsed off under the tap with no need for a dishwasher. 

With their even heat distribution and manageability (even my beloved, but painfully heavy, le Creuset pans were donated to friend’s daughter who was off to college this month – no more broken toes or quarry tiles!) this wonderful brand is the real Great British Bake Off showstopper.

Find out more about GreenPans here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez