Spring Cleaning - You Know You Want To!

Spring Cleaning - You Know You Want To!
Greetings from Edinburgh ! I am ensconced in a hotel awaiting the wedding festivities to begin at 'The Caves', a spectacular gothic structure beneath the South Bridge! I love Scotland - beautiful architecture and the people here are so warm and enthusiastic. So glad that I am staying until Monday!
I have had a very interesting week including a photo-shoot with a National Newspaper for a story on fragrances for Mother's Day. They tasked me to choose floral fragrances and then to work with the very talented senior florist from McQueens to create bouquets that match them - including my own creation 'The Actress'! Seeing my perfume made flesh was an oddly emotional experience and one that I shall never forget! The Lilies and jasmine,with a touch of basil and orchids, looked spectacular - I created this scent for the woman who wants to make and entrance and the flowers echoed this beautifully! My thanks to flower goddess Michi Kanatschnig and her team of nymphs! Here I am holding the finished result!

Also, we were incredibly grateful to be recognised as one of 'London's Best Boutiques of 2019' by The Evening Standard this week - there is a certificate and everything!!! It is lovely when hard and passion is noticed and I feel slightly teary every time I look at our front door!
Well we have done it! Made it through another long British winter and now we can rise and come home in the daylight! Heaven!

I don't know about you but I always feel a lot more energetic in the summer months so I shall be harnessing this immediately and blitzing the house or 'bottom cleaning' as my mother calls it - which means basically that you don't cheat and only clean the visible bits!
Now as you may know the average household contains about 62 toxic chemicals and there are ingredients in common household cleaning products that have been linked to asthma, cancer, reproductive disorders, hormone disruption and neurotoxicity.
And so we created the Mrs White's  - People, Pet & Planet Friendly, 100% Natural  Cleaning Collection  -  because frankly why risk it? The products do the same job just as well if not better than their chemical cousins and there is nothing harmful to inhale or absorb
through the skin. 
I love using them, probably because of my career in perfume, as our cleaning products
also smell fantastic!
Mrs White's - Everything In The Garden Is Lovely (Garden Furniture Cleaner) - £15
Actually I shall begin outside with my garden furniture (French wrought iron) which has gone green over the winter. We formulated Mrs White's 'Everything In The Garden Is Lovely' specifically for garden furniture and it not only works a treat but doesn't contain any harmful ingredients to poison the garden or the plants and animals that live therin. Once that is done I shall sit on it and have a cup of coffee and enjoy the view - I have blackbirds, tits, robins and a wren all nesting in the ivy so it's lovely to watch them come and go.
Mrs Whites - Let The Light Shine Through (Glass Cleaner) - £8
Next up it's the windows (outside and in) and 'Let The Light Shine Through' is the best natural, non-smearing window cleaner that money can by! Many generic window cleaners contain butoxyethanol which is a nasty chemical that can cause sore throats in small quantities and contribute to narcosis and liver and kidney damage in higher concentrations. Even if you are only cleaning in a confined area the butoxyethanal can exceed recommended workplace safety standards!
Mrs White's - Ray Of Sunshine (Multi-Surface Cleaner) - £10
Now we have more light on the subject it's surfaces. I am currently obsessed 'Mrs White's Ray Of Sunshine' simply because it works wonders on every surface and makes the room smell zesty fresh. For special surfaces I prefer to use products that are made specifically for the purpose so 'Marbellous' for my fireplaces, 'Smiling Tiling' for the tiles in the kitchen and bathroom, 'Steel Yourself' for the stainless steel and 'Cupboard Love' for wooden furniture. I also like to have a go at the limescale as we are cursed with particularly hard water in London and Mrs White's 'Off The Scale' does the trick.
Shop Mrs White's - Cleaning Range
Mrs White's - Flawless Floors (Floor Cleaner) - £15
 'Floorless Floors' is kind to wooden flooring and lastly I like to inspect the hall carpets and my rugs for any staining and apply 'Mrs White's Carpet Care' on anything noticeable.

Then I think that it best to leave the house for lunch or dinner and allow this time to dry.
The whole house takes 2 days if I do it properly but as this is twice a year it is not a sacrifice, in fact I really enjoy the ritual of it!

Windows are open a little, music is on and the sun is shining through the spotless glass. This house, as they say in the movies (Poltergeist), is clean!
I think I might take a walk down Edinburgh High St before I get my suit on -  it has my favourite store  'Thistle Do Nicely' which makes me smile every time!

Have a bonnie w/e,
Michaelx
Copyright © *2017* *Roullier White LTD*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
125 Lordship Lane
East Dulwich
London
SE22 8HU

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences

or

unsubscribe from this list

View this email in your browser
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today I Will Be Wearing: 4711 Original Eau de Cologne

Zyliss - Award Winning Tomato Peeler

Natural Anti Mosquito Protection