Home Sweet Home, Latvia's Finest, Great Grinders, Stone Cheese Boards, Utterly Buttery & Flirting With 'Heart Of Darkness'!

Home Sweet Home, Latvia's Finest, Great Grinders, Stone Cheese Boards, Utterly Buttery & Flirting With 'Heart Of Darkness'!
Good Morning!

Well, apart from a shocking virus exacerbated by jet lag, I am delighted to be home in my own bed with the lovely Lola! I am even happy to see the rain - although I doubt this feeling will last!  Travel is a wonderful thing but it also makes you appreciate home and I am very happy to be back in London.
Shop Now - Red Clay Collection - From £31.50
Shop Now - Eclipse Collection - From £69
Yesterday I was delighted to welcome back our wonderful Latvian potters. Gunters and his sister run an inspirational pottery using local clay from the nearby Lode mines and are very environmentally sensitive so all waste is re-used in the creative process. Shapes are simple and this season I have concentrated on their beautiful curved medium bowls and a larger round bowl all in a choice of white, sea grey, mediterranean sky blue and chartreuse. The interior high-gloss glazes are dense and so colours look rich and opulent, while the exterior is unadulterated, simple, warm, matt red clay. I have also splashed out on a couple of really glorious sculptural designs that will make excellent centrepieces for the dining or coffee table. These are conjured in matt black and are large so will look imposing piled with fruit or spectacular for dinner parties with pasta or quinoa salads. They also look magnificent simply sitting there!
NB. A word to the wise - if you take delivery of these wonderful pieces, count them
four times and each time get a different figure - then you have a temperature and
need to go to bed!!
Shop Now - Glass Butter Box Beurre - £13.00
We have a new butter dish  or 'Beurre Box' to be precise! I think this is très chic and it can be used either as a dome to cover butter( my preferred choice) or inverted and used as a dish which is better in the summer when the butter gets soft. The pressed glass pattern is lovely and it is a big beast so will corral even the mightiest of artisanal pats!
Shop Now - Grinder - S or P - £16
I have been searching for wooden salt and pepper grinders in pastel shades for some time. We already have Swedish designs in black/white/orange and beech however I thought that it might be nice to offer something soft and colourful to brighten up the table. A selection in pale mint, pale steel grey and pale wedgwood blue with a high gloss finish are simply gorgeous. The grinding mechanism is 'Crush & Grind' which is the best on the market, they are voluminous so one doesn't need to keep filling and they are an extremely good price at £16. They also have the handy P or S on the top so you don't have to guess!
Shop Now - Stone Cheese Board - £21
My latest entertaining triumph comes in the shape of small stone cheeseboards. Cheese, as you know, prefers a cool surface and so stone is the prefect choice. I also had the idea of serving people individual cheese boards so that a massive one doesn't have to be passed round (which is more practical for smaller tables) and one can prepare really pretty boards with smaller cheese segments and some grapes, figs, chutneys etc. I served these recently and everyone loved them. Ours are hand carved in India and are actually very practical - I have also used them for cutting lemons and limes for G&T'S and instead of plates for tapas. They also feel lovely!
Shop Now - Timothy Han / Editions - Heart Of Darkness (EdP) 60ml - £140.00
This week I have been test driving a new scent, 'Heart Of Darkness' (no jokes please!) the latest fragrance from the wonderful Timothy Han. The title refers to Conrad's novel, an overtly critical tale of colonial enterprise where the heart of darkness itself is both the unexplored African interior and the darkness that exists in the hearts of men. This olfactory journey takes us up the Congo river with the scent of green ozone and moss, African violets and my favourite resin, galbanum.  The 'dark heart' of the scent is achieved using birch tar, leather and exotic woods while the deliciously tropical base has earth, patchouli, musk and amber. An absolute triumph and my congratulations go to Mr Han on another fragrance of exceptional quality and imagination. I was totally transported and that is what I am always looking for in a perfume!
Today I shall be reunited with the Good Doctor after a 3 week hiatus and we shall be indulging in some cooking as I brought back some recipe books on Southern food from the US that I am dying to crack open. I am looking forward to relaxing, in fact I don't intend to leave the house!
A wonderful w/e to all,

Michaelx
Copyright © *2017* *Roullier White LTD*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
125 Lordship Lane
East Dulwich
London
SE22 8HU

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences

or

unsubscribe from this list

View this email in your browser

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today I Will Be Wearing: 4711 Original Eau de Cologne

Zyliss - Award Winning Tomato Peeler

Natural Anti Mosquito Protection