A Touch Of Glass

A Touch Of Glass
Good Morrow Everyone - I do hope that you had a lovely Bank Holiday W/E?
It was so strange not to have that much to do - we usually have dinners and lunches with friends, visits to museums and galleries organised and every waking moment filled, however last w/e, nothing! Faced with having to make our own amusement it was a stroll in Peckham Rye Park where the flowers were magnificent in the restored Sexby Garden and then we devoted ourselves to mastering 'Rebel Recipes' - our new vegan cookbook which proved to be inspiring.
Shop Now - Recipe Book - Rebel Recipes By Niki Webster - £26.00
The Good Doctor produced this magnificent 'Roast Vegetable Salad With Butter Beans and Hazelnut Dukkah’,  a religious experience on Bank Holiday Monday. We made enough for 4 people so that there was lunch for the next day and it was incredible so cannot
wait for a repeat! 
Shop Now - Recipe Book - Rebel Recipes By Niki Webster - £26.00
The GD is something of a squirrel when it comes to chocolate, secreting stashes all over the house, so I am encouraging a more healthy approach to the addiction. 'Chocolate, peanut butter and chickpea fridge bars' are the answer - yes your did read correctly, chickpeas! Who knew that the humble chickpea could make an utterly delicious, sweet snack?! Even I love these and I don't have a sweet tooth. We played music, danced and munched all afternoon. It turned out that having an empty diary was really rather lovely!
Shop Now - Belgian Glass Vase - Round - £95
My title this week is, of coarse, borrowed from 'A Touch Of Class' starring the wonderful Glenda Jackson and was inspired by the breathtaking new collection that I have just unwrapped. I love great glass, especially in the summer when it really lights up and the sophisticated colour palettes that are now available have me totally seduced. And so this week is a celebration of some new arrivals and the return of some old friends - all statuesque, statement pieces but, when it comes to glass, I'm afraid that size really does matter!
Shop Now - Belgian Glass Vase - Tall - £89
I have been literally, salivating over these Art Glass vases from Belgium since February. They were my favourite discovery at the show in Frankfurt (how long ago that all seems now!) and I took dozens of pictures to ensure that I picked just the right shapes and colours. I am over the moon with the selection - two curvaceous designs in teal, inky blue, amber and olive. The first is a taller, tapering design, its partner almost spherical and they look magnificent either together or alone. This is a hugely sophisticated product and an investment certainly, however the weight and sheer quality of the pieces shine through and will illuminate a room. I have snapped up the golden amber for my dining table and do not think that I will be able to resist the dark blue sphere - frankly I want them all!

Because I found them sans foliage I think of them as glass sculpture that will look equally fine when not in use, however imagine peonies in the olive vase (which is so subtle a hue that it is almost grey) or sunflowers in the amber - absolutely stunning! The real surprise with this collection is that it is made entirely from recycled glass!!  I was absolutely amazed as you do not usually get the clarity and quality and had to ask the maker to confirm in writing before I would believe him! 
Shop Now - Hobnail Jug - £95
We were also delighted to welcome back this week two of our most popular glass collections from last year. The hobnail jugs look sensational in the sunshine as the beams dance across the bobbled surfaces and send the refracted rays spinning around the room. Amber and pale pink, sophisticated navy, turquoise and pale green are truly gorgeous and can be used for water, Pimms or as a vase etc. I have the navy blue and adore it.
Shop Now - Vivid Lamp - £235
From Portugal our 1960's-inspired glass lamps were a smash hit last autumn. The feedback from customers was that, while large and visually impactful, they are also a very slim shape so fit nicely onto side tables without jutting into the room and getting knocked over. To be honest this was more luck than good judgement on my part, I just fell for the simplicity of the design which makes them a great fit for both mid-century modernists or the contemporary home, and the deliriously joyful colours of red, turquoise, purple, orange and green. Again, in the sunshine, they are knockout and can really bring a room to life.
Shop Now - Glass Hover Bowl - £120
From Holland, our huge, glass 'hover bowls', in green or pink, make the contents appear to be suspended in mid-air. I have mine on a glass coffee table and again the slightly 1960's modernism adds something strong and stylish to my sitting room. I use for fruit but was horrified to discover that Lady Ange, when cat sitting Lola for me, has been using for
Cheese Puffs - sacrilege!
Shop Now - Grape Lamps - From £250
Our Syrian lamps are with us once again in two colour-ways - Turquoise/Clear and the Pop-Art, multi-coloured 'Tutti Frutti'. I am awaiting an update on the families that make these for us as am concerned that Covid 19 may have reached them and they are particularly vulnerable, with no healthcare to speak of, so have written to enquire. Let us keep everything crossed that they are all OK.
Shop Now - Vertigo Tumblers - Set Of 6 - Assorted Colours - £70.00
Finally, the 'Vertigo' Tumblers in 6 mixed colours from Italy are mesmerising in the sunshine. The GD and I consume our pre-dinner G&T's from these in the garden and they are effortlessly chic.I could drink Tizer from them and
still appear sophisticated (I don't obviously)!
It looks like June 15th could be the day that we are finally allowed take ourselves out of mothballs, dust ourselves down and open our doors once again! Who knows what this will be like, however I am so looking forward to it! I have missed the interaction with our wonderful customers so much and I know that they have missed us. I popped into the store last Saturday to check the post and to let the GD fondle the new vases and, as soon as the lights went on, we had hammering on the door! The look of disappointment on the faces when I said that we remain closed was crushing!
I have painted and prepped with a till screen, hand-sanitiser station and signage - I believe that, at this juncture, we are all well-aware what 2 metres looks like(!) so am not going to mark my newly varnished floor ! Just 2 weeks if all goes well and so I think it time to bring in some new fragrance brands in readiness. I have found three and am very excited about them so hope to unveil in the next couple of weeks!
And so my friends, I will bid you adieu and return to my frenetic w/e of reading, gardening, cooking and eating - there are worse ways to spend one's time! Now
where did I put that hammock?
Stay safe and enjoy the sun.
Michaelx
Copyright © *2017* *Roullier White LTD*, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
125 Lordship Lane
East Dulwich
London
SE22 8HU

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences

or

unsubscribe from this list

View this email in your browser
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holy Trinity: Perfumes Made by Monks

Bâtard Folding Picnic Knife by Lamson & Goodnow

GQ Magazine: July Issue: My Style: Aman Singh: Alvarez Gomez